Places to see!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hanging Reusable Paper Towels

I'm sure many of you have heard of reusable paper towels, you can even find them in my shop The Green Haven. They come in whatever fabric you could possibly want with a matching terry cloth backing. And they simply snap together and roll up on an empty paper towel roll! Its a great way to save paper and money. If you are anything like my family, you fly though paper towels. I can't believe how much these save us, and can only imagine the paper towels were saving.

Well I got this idea a little over a month ago to hang a single towel in convenient spots. I kept one hung right at my table in my sewing room, and made one for the kitchen stove. But they can be hung anywhere! I hadn't even thought of putting these in my Etsy shop, just thinking they were convenient but that was what regular towels were for.

That all changed when one of my friends saw them! She sucked all the air out of the room exclaiming "How cute! What are they!" After I explained she quickly asked if she could get one and get a couple more to give for Christmas gifts. Of course I said yes! Then she went on again to ask if they were in my shop. When I told her no, her response once again shocked me. She looked at me, with are you kidding me look, and asked me why the hell not! So after a short, fairly one sided conversation, we decided it would be a good idea for me to add them!

So why the story? I'm curious to what you all think. If I list these in the shop they will be sold in sets of 2 with a hanger of your choice (I have the hangers already listed on Etsy). Do you all think its a good idea? I would love it if ya'll left comments with what think about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment